Sunday, January 19, 2020

Our Sweet Carolynn Burrup Passed Away

Yesterday, January 18, our Friend, We Also Sing Accompanist and Soloist Carolynn Burrup passed away. This is very hard news for so many reasons on so many levels. Carolynn truly was an amazing person and her passing leaves a large whole in so many hearts and lives.

She has asked interested and available members of We Also Sing! who sang in the choir when we performed “Savior, Redeemer of my Soul” (2013 and 2015) to sing at her funeral this Saturday, January 25. I don’t have time or location details yet (I’ll post them as soon as I do).

I know there are literally hundreds of ladies who sang in the choir over the years while Carolynn accompanied who would love to sing at her funeral. Because of space constraints in the choir area at the Chapel and no rehearsal time beforehand,  it makes sense that only those who have actually sung Savior, Redeemer with We Also Sing! will be able to sing at the funeral. Of course anyone who would like to attend the funeral is absolutely welcome and encouraged to come.

Please pass this information on to women who have sung with us and especially women who sang in 2013 and 2015.

I will continue to post details as I receive them.

Much love and Aloha,
Merrilee


Informal Rehearsal for “Savior, Redeemer” Saturday morning

There will be a short, informal rehearsal of “Savior, Redeemer of My Soul” before Carolynn Burrup’s funeral at 9:30am January 25th in the ch...